The UN Internship Program 2022 is a UN Youth Ambassador internship that will take place in New York City for 10 weeks, from September to December. There are two intakes: one beginning on August 17 and the other on October 15th. UN Youth Ambassadors will be fully funded and provided with accommodation during their stay at UNHQ, as well as an allowance of $400 per month to spend on incidentals such as public transportation or food outside of the UN premises.
UN Internship Program will be allowed to learn about the UN system at headquarters in New York City or Geneva while working closely with staff members from different departments within UN Headquarters. They will also have opportunities for field visits around the world to observe UN operations firsthand.
The very well know International organization invites International Students to take part in the United Nations Youth Internship Program for 2022.
The UN aims to facilitate the participation of young people, aged 18 – 29 years, who are willing to improve their skills and abilities through an international experience. Participants will be hired as interns at UN agencies, funds, and programs based on vacancies available.
Participants will gain working experience at the United Nations and will undertake challenging tasks in one out of three work areas:
1. Human Rights and Business;
2. Governance and Development; or
3. Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs).
Countries and cities
The internship program is open for international students from all over the world who are either unemployed or working part-time and who can commit to a minimum of three months’ participation.
Participants will undertake their internships in the following cities:
1. Abuja, Nigeria;
2. Addis Ababa, Ethiopia;
3. New York City – Headquarters of the United Nations;
4. Nairobi, Kenya;
5. Vienna, Austria and;
6. Beirut, Lebanon (SDGs) – Second semester 2020 and onward.
Benefits and Terms of UN Internship Program
Participants will receive a monthly allowance of US$ 1 100 for the full period of their internship to cover accommodation costs as well as other allowances applicable for each agency/organization where they are interning. Applicants should note that no remuneration is paid by UN organizations participating in UNYAP.
The employment conditions of interns in the UN Internship Program depend on which organization or agency is hosting them and whether they have already been employed within this host organization before being selected as a participant in the program
The allowance does not vary depending on where participants choose to undertake their internship abroad
Please review these terms and conditions as well as the information on the UN internship program for UN Youth Ambassadors.
Please note that:
– Applications will not be considered from students who have previously participated in a similar program offered by other organizations or governments;
– The deadline to submit applications is 8 March 2022 at 16:00 (New York time) – 00:00 (UTC);
Successful applicants will be required to pay a US$ 125 processing fee through a link provided in their confirmation email at the end of the application process.
Applicants whose first language is English should visit the UN website before applying, completing both parts of the test, and submitting their answers to the questions for review.
Applicants interested in the UN internship program must follow the guidelines outlined below before submitting their applications:
1. Applicants must read all relevant information carefully and thoroughly before starting to fill out the application form;
2. Only online applications will be accepted – no paper or handwritten submissions will be accepted;
3. Applications must be submitted in English only – if not, both a translation and a copy of it certified as true by the competent authority must be provided within your application package. This is required at any stage of the selection process from now until initial results are released;
4. Incomplete applications cannot be considered in the UN internship program please ensure that you provide comprehensive answers to all requirements as missing items or sections may result in your application not being considered; 5. Applicants who do not follow instructions and/or provide incomplete information will be automatically disqualified from the selection process;
6. Curriculum Vitae (CV), academic transcripts (translated to English if applicable), and photos are required to be submitted for all applicants along with their completed online application. Please note that these must be sent electronically through links provided in participants’ confirmation emails – no hard copy documents will be accepted;
7. Participants are expected to remain available for contact by email or phone during the period of notification of results as well as throughout the internship program, meaning that they must provide accurate contact details during registration including a working telephone number, home address, and access to e-mail and other communication media. Please note that this information remains unchanged as it was provided at the time of registration at the UN internship program.
8. All applications must be completed in full, without making changes to content already submitted, indicating your first name, and submitting your curriculum vitae before the deadline.
Main Reasons to join UN internship program?
1) UN is interested in people from all over the world. They hire employees from more than 190 countries, and They have country offices in some 150 countries around the world. The staff come from a variety of different backgrounds and working for us offers many opportunities to gain experience and global knowledge you can’t get anywhere else.
2) UN provides an opportunity to work on real projects which will lead you to career advancement after your degree due to your new innovative ideas;
3) UN gives chance to make connections with senior managers of various international organizations and work on cutting-edge policy issues;
4) UN is an International organization: it has a special status at the national level (corporation sole), which allows you to work in any part of the world.
4) UN has an internship program that offers international internships with the United Nations:
5) UN internship program has a range of opportunities for gaining experience in a professional environment, including in liaison and policy positions throughout our global offices. We give graduates from China or other countries a chance to test themselves on real projects which will lead you to career advancement after your degree due to your new innovative ideas;
6) You get valuable networking opportunities through working at United National Headquarters (in New York City), UN offices worldwide, or affiliated organizations;
7) Our internships are directly related to development issues and current affairs, so they help build lasting knowledge-based connections and experience in the field of international development.
8) UN internship program provides excellent training opportunities for students with any specialization, at graduate or postgraduate level, regardless of their country of origin
9) Many high-level decision-makers come from within the organization, including the Secretary-General and Under-Secretaries-General. Many interns have become fully-fledged members of staff
10) UN internship program is a complete package that covers all requirements that you need to get a job in the future: living expenses, health insurance, air ticket, etc…
If you want to get this Internship and fulfill their criteria then apply for UN Internship Program. Kindly read the above details carefully and then apply. If you have a question about scholarships, internships, jobs, education, and examination then comment below. We will solve your problem as soon as possible. Also, like our social account for the latest updates.
Feature image credit: source.